Sunday, November 21, 2010

Lovely Morning

It has been a lovely morning.

Woke up early to prep a "family" breakfast after early service.  The alarm clock was accidentally set to music and the song that came on was "Get Up in Jesus' Name" which was one of those little things in life that makes me chuckle.  

Loni, Mina and Jill were meeting me at church to see our Youth Pastor preach his last sermon at our  Methodist church.  He is going back to his roots in a Baptist church in College Station, TX, to what I hope will be a great step up for him in the course of his life.

I am going to miss him.  He is a friend.  He calls me "Mama" and I think the world of him.  I am very excited for him to have this opportunity.  He asked me why I didn't cry when he told me he was leaving and I told him I was very sad for me, but thrilled for him and I couldn't cry when one of my sons was moving up in the world.

He did an excellent job with the service, even though I had to look straight ahead and not at Mina at one point because I knew if we laid eyes on one another we would be laughing.

After church the girls and I came back to the house for breakfast.  We had eggs scrambled with ham and cheese, homemade from scratch buttermilk biscuits, and a fruit cup of blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries.  We each had our own drinks. I had water infused with orange slices, very refreshing.

As I was finishing up fixing breakfast, John came to get the latest skunk in the trap, and it sprayed.  Loni told Mina not to open the door but she saw John backing away and was concerned for him and opened the door just a little.  Fortunately, even though the smell came in the house, it wasn't too bad in the kitchen while we ate.  

We had a little conversation after breakfast and now everyone is off doing their own thing.  

I overdid it yesterday and will be resting more today because my shoulder is really bothering me.  I see a reading, game playing, and a nap in my future, but first I must go get something to put in the skunk trap for tonight.  Jill saw another one walking in the ditch last night while the trap was already occupied.  



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, it was a lovely morning - followed by a very busy afternoon.

Loni said...

Excellent breakfast.. and another item in the WIN column.. so out of the triple berry mix that comes in my JC french toast it is the raspberries that bug me and not the blackberries after all. Thank you very much for cooking and for the 'Thanksgiving Breakfast'