Thursday, November 25, 2010

Counting my Blessings

I have too many blessings to count, but here are a few of my top ones:
  • The Boys
  • Jill, Loni, Mina  
  • My brother
  • My aunts and uncle, nephews, cousins
  • All the wonderful people I have in my life that care about me and love me, Jenn, Gina, Jason, Bryan, John, John,Tim, Darrell, Lilo, TOPS Pals, and so many more
  • My health
  • My family's health
  • Job that I enjoy
  • A beautiful piece of property with a warm (thanks to Loni) and dry home
  • A savings account to take care of emergencies (like car repairs)
  • Wonderful books to read
  • Beautiful art 
  • That any problems I have I brought on myself
  • And so many, many more things, I couldn't begin to count them all
Yes, I have more blessings than I deserve even though I miss Raymond so much I can't put it into words. 

This Thanksgiving also comes with sorrow in my heart from knowing that a classmate's wife is about to go through the same thing I am as he enters his final stages of battling cancer.  I hope for all their sakes it is a peaceful passing.  We were not friends, or really even acquaintances in school, but I still remember him and his smile as he walked through the halls, and no one should have to lose their life to cancer.

I am praying for:
  • My friend Lilo as she is experiencing the holiday without her beloved husband who passed away a couple of weeks ago 
  • Soldiers battling and their loved ones who spend every day with their heart in their throats
  • Dedra and her family as they sort through the rumble of their house that burned this week
  • My youngest and the stress he is under
  • Alle and the biopsy she is facing
  • The families of Alzheimer's patients as they search for just a glimmer of recognition from their loved ones each day
  • My friend that is battling depression, and all that goes with that battle ... I love you
  • All those that are suffering for any reason
  • Peace
I wish everyone was as fortunate as I am and had so many blessings.  I pray for that daily.

No comments: