Friday, November 5, 2010

My Reads Lately

I have had some enjoyable reads lately, even if I do get side tracked a lot with Triple Town, a new Kindle game that I find quite engaging.  It is that competitive streak that I have with myself always going for higher and higher scores. 

Of course some of my latest reads were Kindle free books because I stalk the free books constantly.  I just finished Spinning Forward, and now I see there is another book out called by Terri DuLong called "Casting About."  I don't know that I would pay for the second book, but as a free one "Spinning Forward" was just right. 









Pinned for Murder and Love Letters from Ladybug Farm are books I purchased for my Kindle as they are series I have been reading.  Light reading, but fun. 










 

I also read Only You  and Bake Sale Murder off the free list.  Both light reads perfect for bed time or grabbing a chapter or two while waiting in the car for the youngest.

I plan on reading the new Fannie Flagg once I finish Hometown Ties.  (Unless I finish Hometown Ties before Fannie's new one is published, then it will be one of the other 231 unread books on my Kindle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I finally bit the bullet and got a kindle! What encouraged me was an offer from my credit card company in the Reward section.... I get a certain percentage back from everything I charge to the card. Usually once a year I use the money to pay the bill but this year I indulged in their shopping options. For some reason it felt like it was a freebie. I'm still not sure I would have spent actual real money for it!

I love it though. And I am having a blast plowing through the free book section too! I'm rereading all the Jane Austen books just because they are free. I've also downloaded about 20 trial chapters on books that I've been curious about. Right now I'm reading Carol Burnett's autobiography.

I've been meaning to ask how your shoulder is doing? I hate it that you had a bad experience with a chiropractor. I think I have had better experiences with chiropractors that I have ever had with medical doctors. I can't remember where you live but if you are close to Wylie I can give you a referral...

Serendippity

ps. I'm commenting as anonymous because I can't get my google log in to work.