Sunday, November 21, 2010

Finding Old Friends - Facebook

I have had a Facebook account for a while now, and at first I enjoyed the games and keeping up with the girls when they were on the road, but now I have started contacting people from all areas of my life that I have lost touch with and I am enjoying learning about what they have been doing with their lives.  No, we don't have long exchanges, but I really like knowing that a high school friend is publishing a children's book, while another one has a business with her husband, and several of them have retired. 

I found a cousin on FB and found out that her mother (my dad's sister), father, and sister all are alive and well, when I had thought them to be dead.  

My nephews are on FB and even though I never met one of them, I keep up with their lives, and I feel we have a little bit of an ongoing relationship.

I got in touch with my favorite cousin in Florida, and through him another cousin.

I found some of Raymond's cousins and keep in touch with them now.  I can also see what his one sister is up to and my mother-in-law too.

A friend of Raymond's from high school that later became an acquaintance of mine is a well known artist know, and I love seeing his new work through his FB page.  

There are some great quilting pages, and I have met up with people that read this blog.  

Tonight a found a friend I haven't seen since 1979, but I have many great memories of a Christmas get together at her house. 

I learned of an acquaintance from high school that is in the final stages of a long battle with cancer, and have been able to keep him and his family in my thoughts and prayers, because I know what that is like and I wish they did not have to experience that kind of pain, suffering, and grief.  

There are a few people I wish would get FB accounts (Laurie, are you reading this?), just because I find it a quick way to share pictures and such.  There are a few more I would like to find just because I have wondered how they have been over the years, and I would like to know if they had a good life, or need prayers to a better life.  

One of the best things about FB is that I can nag my youngest during the day.  He hates it, which just makes me laugh.

All in all, I think Facebook has been a great experience and a good tool in my life. 


No comments: