Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Finally!

I have been really eating mindfully, drinking my water, getting some exercise, and making better choices for a while now, and the scale would go down a little, then up a little, and then repeat the cycle over and over again. I knew eventually the scale would have to go down, but I was getting very discouraged. 

Yesterday when I got on the scale, once again I was discouraged when I looked at the number, it showed a huge gain, or so I thought.  I couldn't believe I had gained so much weight when I had been so careful over the holiday.  I went and got my glasses and realized I had a good loss, but of course it doesn't count until I weigh in at TOPS. 

Tonight I weighed in at TOPS to a 4.6 pound loss.  I am so excited. 

I am hoping this is a definite change in direction now.  I have been so disgusted with myself.  Ever since there was a big change at my job I have been gaining weight, as if I wasn't already big enough.  In total, since the change, I have gained 20 pounds.  I have got to get this weight off.

The TOPS lesson about mindful eating has been very helpful to me and  I now notice when I do not eat mindfully. 

Looking forward to weighing in with a loss next week.


3 comments:

Deborah said...

SOO proud of you! That's a super great week! I am going to start when we return from out Christmas trip.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Girlfriend!


Catmom5

Unknown said...

Way to go, Mama!