Sunday, November 21, 2010

Overdid It Yesterday, Paying Today

The orthopedic surgeon says I have a shoulder impingement.  I was given a steroid injection and told not to do any overhead or behind my back movements, but to keep up the PT that I had been shown to date.

Yesterday I quilted, until my machine developed an issue, and then I pieced a back and sandwiched a quilt in queue.  Neither of those involved the movements I am not allowed to do, but it sure did stir up the shoulder pain.  

I am hoping that when I go back in four weeks the shoulder will have healed, but if not they will scope it to see if they can release the impingement.  Worker's comp requires a lot of paperwork, but so far the process has not been too horrible.  

I know that Serendipity  would like to recommend a chiropractor and so would my hair dresser, but I am limited at this time due to the worker's comp.  To answer a recent comment from Serendipity, I am not far from Wylie at all.  Just in Lucas.  




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just back in town from the Holidays and catching up on your posts. Would you believe that I had to look up Lucas on google maps...? I've lived here in Wylie for 3 years and had never heard of it. Sometimes I think I will never learn my way around here.

Yes, I am going to recommend the chiropractor. Dr. Reid at Southwestern Chiropractic is located on FM544 right close to the Wylie High School. He is really quite inexpensive. Trust me. I have no insurance at all and must pay cash. I had an orthopedic surgeon giving me steroid shots for my shoulder when I lived in Houston. I no longer need them and never had surgery like they told me to expect either.

Glad to hear you had a great Thanksgiving Holiday. Mine was a bit hectic; left to go to Houston last Tuesday then Friday to Bryan/College Station and back home today. Lots of good family visiting even though I am so stiff I can barely move after being in the car so many hours. Its a tradeoff!

SerenDippity

Cheryl said...

Well coming from Wylie our way you could miss Lucas if you blinked.

I am going to keep the recommendation on file. He is not far from me if I am going that way.

Glad you were able to be with family, even if it was hectic. Also, glad you returned safe.

Cheryl