Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Big Binge Downsized

I did not pack a full lunch today.  I left for work with my low fat cheese sticks, and the knowledge that I had an errand to run during lunch and that I could pick something up to go with my cheese sticks while I was out.

At noon I left the office to go to Walgreens to get a card, 2 gift bags, and some tissue paper, with the plan to buy those items and then either go home for something to eat or pick up a salad at Sonic.  

Once I was in Walgreens I decided I would just pick up something there to eat and go back to the office.  Did I pick up something semi-healthy?  No, I decided I wanted Corn Nuts.  The problem was they didn't have normal Corn Nuts, the had the new Corn Nut Chips.  So I picked up a bag of those, but they were in the candy aisle, so I started looking around at the candy.  When I checked out, I had a card, 2 gift bags, Corn Nut Chips, and movie size boxes of JujyFruits, Junior Caramels, and Mike and Ike's Italian Ice.  Not a very healthy lunch.

Once I returned to the office, I took out my cheese sticks and opened the Corn Nut Chips.  The chips  are just not the same as the Corn Nuts.  Too salty.  So after a handful of those tiny little chips, I closed the bag and put it on the bottom of my office trash can.  I finished the cheese sticks and then I opened the JujyFruits.  I took out 3 of each color and enjoyed them while I read CNN.  Then I buried the box on the bottom of my garbage can because I decided that even though they were my favorite candy when I was little, they didn't taste same today as they did then.  

I then opened the Junior Caramels.  I love caramels. Maybe it was a mind thing, but I swear they had a hint of Junior Mint flavor.  I ate 5 and then put the box away because they needed to be frozen.  

Only box left was the Mike and Ike's.  I opened the box and poured out 10.  I arranged them by color and started snacking.  Ooooh, WAY too sweet.  I buried the box on the bottom of my office trash can.  

That was the end of my big binge.  I would have been better off just buying some chewing gum to go with my card and gift wrap and going home to eat lunch, but in my mind I knew that all along.

When I came home from work I put the Junior Caramels in the freezer.  For a snack tonight I took out three to try.  They were better frozen, but they still have that odd mint thing going on, and even though I love the taste of mint, it doesn't work on the Junior Caramels.

1 comment:

Loni said...

It's a WIN that you didn't eat ALL of that junk... a taste here and there.. but not ALL of it. Hooray!