Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Fibro Flare

My fibromyalgia is flaring up today. 

I usually have pain everyday, but I ignore it most of the time.  I was expecting a big flare up when I had my shoulder surgery and it didn't come.  Usually a flare up means my hips, but today it is my hands, upper back and hips. At least it didn't hurt to walk today.  Typing was slow and still is.  

I am always afraid if I don't keep my hands moving I won't be able to move them again.  I was piecing a quilt tonight and it was going okay until I realized that I needed to rip out some cornerstones because they did not line up correctly. I decided not to use the seam ripper because my favorite one is very small and hurt my hand to grip.  I don't like my big one that is made for arthritic hands, so I gave up quilting for the night. 

I hope this flare up does not last long.  I am going to try taking a sleeping pill to see if a good night's rest will help.  

Tomorrow is my busy day at work. I need my hands to cooperate.


No comments: