Monday, June 27, 2011

Great Productive Weekend

I had a great weekend, that was also very productive, for many of us.

Saturday BFF, Loni and I really worked on our different projects. BFF is making me a quilt. It is absolutely gorgeous.  Reminds me of a dark version of Monet's Water Lilies.  Loni sewed all the labels on her quilts, washed and dried them.  I sorted through my different projects trying to find one that was ready to work on since I still have trouble holding the ruler down with my left hand.

I decided to work on one I cut out for Loni at least two years ago, but wasn't real happy with some of the fabric selections. I decided to throw out the ones I hated and go with more of some of the other selections.

We took a break to go to BJ's for dinner and then to Wal-Mart so BFF could look at baby quilt kits.  Loni found a couple of projects there too.

Once we were home BFF and I worked on projects while Loni was looking at her projects she purchased.  We watched "Guarding Tess" while working.  BFF was able to get her project ready for sandwiching, and I pinned all my blocks together.  After Loni and BFF left, I started piecing my blocks together.  I worked until about 1:30 A.M.

Today, Sunday, Mina stopped by to visit before heading to the airport.  It was great to see her, even if it was for just a few minutes.  We planned our 4th of July weekend.

After Mina left I continued piecing the blocks until it was time for Loni and I to go run errands.  We went to JoAnn's, Aaron Bros. (buy a frame, get one for a penny sale), and Target.  Once home I started piecing again until it was time to grill the chicken quarters for dinner.

Once we cleaned up the kitchen after dinner it was pool time.  I spent an hour in the pool giving my shoulder a good work out.  Then it was back into the house for more piecing while watching reruns of "The Closer."

This is going to be one bright quilt.  It is so bright I am having trouble getting my camera to take a picture of it.  I have all the blocks pieced and ironed, but I made a mistake in putting it on the design wall.  I thought I figured out the mistake, but then I found out I hadn't, so now I will have to start over again tomorrow.  I bet Loni is sorry she told me she likes bright colors.

All in all it was a great weekend, and I am looking forward to the next one.

For right now I am calling this quilt, Bright Cat Quilt

Close Up
On design wall, but not correctly
















1 comment:

Loni said...

It's a rainbow of cheery colors, that's for sure.. and I love it.