Sunday, June 19, 2011

Naked Day Canceled

I don't work on Fridays.  I have a 35 hour work week, and I work all the hours between Monday and Thursday.  Originally it was a trial to help save my employer money since they would have an extra day  a week where the electrical load would be low, but then I liked it so much I negotiated a deal last year to make it permanent.

Most Fridays I am very busy with outside appointments, catching up with friends I don't see often, etc. Last Friday my plans were canceled so I made new plans.

My oldest and Loni were at work, my youngest was at freshman orientation and wasn't due home until 1:00 P.M.  I got up early, made a haircut appointment, and then planned out my morning.  It was to go like this:
  1. Haircut
  2. Walgreens to get hair dye, fingernail polish, Mountain Dew, and some new eye shadow
  3. Home
  4. Ice down Mountain Dew
  5. Turn on stereo really loud
  6. Get Naked
  7. Dye Hair
  8. Paint Fingernails
  9. Enjoy Mountain Dew while reading Kindle
  10. Get dressed before child came home. 
I was so excited about my naked day (which may or may not include full nakedness depending on my mood, and I never, ever sit on the furniture naked), that I was humming in the drugstore while buying my items.  

As I was driving home I was so excited about my morning...then I pulled into the driveway.  What was there?  The youngest's car. He came home early.  I was so deflated.
I went into the house and asked him why he was there.  I told him he ruined my naked day.  He told me I could close off the Man Cave and have naked day anyway.  I told him naked day required a house free of others.  

It all worked out though.  I made him help me dye my hair.  Granted he hosed the dye out like my head was a sidewalk, but it got the job done.  

Oh well, I am sure I will get a naked day soon. 


1 comment:

Deborah said...

Your description of the day hit my funny bone! Too cute!