Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Personal Best Thinking/Idea Place

I have always had my most brilliant ideas, thoughts and solutions in the shower.

I don't go into the shower with the intention of coming up with a solution for a problem, I just go in there to get ready for my day, but I think because I am not multi-tasking, I start listening to other ideas floating around in my brain and I am able to concentrate on them.
Today's shower proved to be very important.  I was just washing my hair, thinking about whether to change the style again when suddenly my brain told me something was really wrong with my car insurance. Now I have been concerned about the insurance on the new car and the lack of any bill or proof of insurance coming through, but I thought they were just being slow.  So it is a thought that has been in my brain, but I kept pushing it to the back burner.  My brain was now screaming, do something about it today!

When I got out of the shower, I didn't comb out my hair, or anything else, I just paused long enough to wrap a towel around me and then I immediately went to the computer and checked my policy again. No new car!  I picked up the phone and called and sure enough the new car was not covered.  They had all the information, including the VIN but it had not been put on the policy. They even had that I had called with the information from the dealership on May 28.

It took about 40 minutes to hopefully solve the problem. 

I am so glad I listened to my brain in the shower telling me to go back and check out the insurance again.



1 comment:

Loni said...

Well good thing that kiddo hadn't driven it that much and that he's very cautious when he does.