Saturday, August 27, 2011

Accomplishments #192 through #239

I find it boring to write about my year of accomplishments, but I must keep up with my promise to myself.

The heat has been so horrible this summer along with the drought that any outside plans I had were long ago tossed.  

On the inside of the house, I have made accomplishments. 

I am happy to say that I have kept up with the mail on a daily basis and tossed out recycling each day.  No big huge piles of mail on the table this year.  It has been very easy this summer because I just have the youngest stand next to me and I hand him all the recycling to put out as I go through the mail.I did have a small pile earlier this week, it had been sorted, but it was bills and such to pay on my day off, and it is now gone. All my filing it caught up too.

I did the last purge of my closet a week ago.  We ended up taking 7 bags of clothes to the Cancer Federation (they are asking for clothes right now).  I gave up a lot of old favorites, but not ratty robe.  Of course ratty robe is really just about a rag now and not up for donation.

I paid the youngest to clean out the workshop and since then I have done a little more cleaning up out there and have a lot more to do when it is cooler.  

I spent two weekends going through all my fabric and labeling how much I had of each piece and reorganizing my bedroom and stash.

Yesterday was spent cleaning out the 4th bedroom of the house which at some point was remodeled to not actually be a bedroom by previous owners.  In the past we have used it as a computer room, music room, bedroom, storage room, extra game room, etc.  Right now I am using it to store our games and some misc. items that I will need to go through a purge soon.  I purposefully left the floor open so that I could use it to lay out some quilt backs.

As far as how my year of accomplishment is going, I have made sure to accomplish one thing each day, no matter how small. So I am happy with the year so far.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

did you sell the kiln and wheel? Just wondering.