Thursday, August 4, 2011

Wisdom Teeth

The youngest had all four wisdom teeth out last Friday. He is doing great. I am so proud of how he has followed care and prescription directions given him.

I was very anxious to see how he would do coming out of anesthesia since he has never had any surgery before.  In fact, he has never even had Novocaine at the dentist.  When they called me back to see him in recovery I was not sure what I would find.  

What I found was a very angry, dopey young man.  It took a little while before I could understand why he was so mad, but evidently he was seeing double and the room was full of posters he couldn't read.  It was quite entertaining, but so different that how the oldest reacts to anesthesia.  

He is looking forward to eating french toast, pizza, and cheese danish again.  I am just glad it is over.





1 comment:

Loni said...

He's been a real trooper; but his placemat still looks sad.