Saturday, August 27, 2011

Very Slow Start to the Day

It has been a very slow start today.

I did not get up until almost 10:00 A.M.  I started to get up at 7:00 A.M. and then thought, why?

The youngest is still in bed.  We are supposed to move his stuff today, and I am sure we will eventually, but right now he is snoring away. Since he hardly ever snores, I think he must be really tired.  I don't know when he went to bed last night. I went to bed at 1:00 A.M. and he was still up.  He didn't get home until after midnight and told me he had some stuff to do.  I never heard him once I went to bed.

I have spent the time alone writing posts, doing laundry, and reading.  I started a book that I really could just spend the whole day reading without doing another thing, but that is too much of a luxury with so much to do.  

Who knows, at this rate, we may not be moving to the dorm until tomorrow, but that is okay.  It is nice to slow down and not be rushed.  There is nothing wrong with savoring the day and enjoying a day that is not planned out.  That is the great thing about him being a "real" college student now, we move on our schedule.  

I think I will sit here and watch the hummingbirds just a little while longer. They are quite active today.


No comments: