Monday, August 8, 2011

Sleep Deprived Day

I did not get a lot of sleep last night, which made for a very rough day at work. 

I was asleep before midnight, but woke up at 1:35 thinking things were just not right in the house.  I got up and went into the living portion of the house and found my oldest typing away on his homework.  I asked him if he was about done and he said yes, it was going well, it just took him a while to get the focus of the paper.  I up kissed him, told him I loved him, and try to get some sleep.

Back to bed I went.  I read a little while before being able to fall back to sleep.  

At 3:35 A.M. I woke up to itching on my right ring finger and my left shoulder.  It took me a minute before I realized I had huge welts in the places that were itching.  I laid there for a minute and then decided Benadryl spray was the only thing that would allow me to sleep again.  So up once more to go to the living area of the house, only once I opened the connecting door I noticed that the lights were still on in the man cave.  

I walked into the man cave and discovered my oldest in his chair, keyboard under his fingers, head back snoring really hard.  It took several shakes and a few yells to even get him to open his eyes part way.  A few more minutes passed before I got him to the state where he was awake enough to realize he was still working on his paper.  

When he was awake enough he asked me why I was up.  I showed him my welts and he helped me doctor them.  I then went to the couch to try to sleep a little more while the oldest worked.  I finally fell asleep and I don't know when the oldest went to bed.  

At 7:05 AM I woke up and did not hear any sounds in the house. My brain registers the fact that I did not hear the printer running this morning, which means the oldest did not get his homework ready to go.  I jumped up and went in to wake the oldest up and to tell him to print.  He has to be at class by 8, and it is at least a 20 minute drive.  Once he was up and running, I was able to get about 10 more minutes of sleep before getting up for work. 

I can't have too many nights like that this week because I have a very rough week at work ahead.


No comments: