Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Shiny Shiny Took Over

I went to the Blue Ribbon Quilt Shoppe in Wylie today for their 30% off fabric sale with my friend Laura. She has had her eye on a couple of fabrics for a while now, and I had a plan to purchase Christmas fabrics as I do not have any left in my stash.

We arrived a little early for their opening time so we did a little window shopping in the other shops.  Once it hit 10:00 A.M. though we were in fabric mode.  As soon as we went in the door Laura grabbed the fabric she had been looking at for at least a month.  I went straight to the Christmas fabric, but only found two that I really wanted in my stash.  I then went down to look at their Stonehenge collection.  That is when the Beautiful Trees collection caught my eye.

Now I said it caught my eye, but at that time it wasn't enough to stop me from arriving at the Stonehenge display. At the Stonehenge grouping I was having trouble staying away from a celadon green fabric, I picked it up several times and put it back and decided to walk around.  It was then that I got a different view of the Beautiful Trees.  I decided to walk over and look at the display which was up over my head.  The owner of the shop, Teena, decided that was the moment to show me a small sample quilt with the fabric.  That was all it took.  I was soon pulling down all of the bolts in the sage/periwinkle color wave.  I set it down on a back stage area and wondered how much to buy.  That is when Teena offered to print out a copy of the free pattern that went with the fabric line.  A pattern called "Harmony."  That is all it took.  I was in love. I could picture myself under this quilt after a bad day at work and peace just flowing through me through the healing powers of the trees.

Once I decided what I needed of each of the different fabrics for the quilt, I was totally bewildered as to what else I needed.  The shiny shiny of the Beautiful Trees fabrics had taken over my brain and there was nothing I could do but sit and look at my fabrics while I waited for Laura.

Can't wait to make this quilt!




1 comment:

Loni said...

trees, and swirls, and green... well, it was all over...