Monday, December 12, 2011

Nice Weekend

Despite a break in a water pipe that caused not only my yard, but several of my neighbors yards to flood starting off my Friday, I had a good weekend.

Friday was spent dealing with the water pipe break, but I was able to get out and about with Laura for a little while to look at Christmas fabric.  We both just looked.  Nothing was bought.

I spent Saturday still dealing with the water pipe mess, and quilting while watching old television shows.  I find it is best to quilt to shows I have already seen because I don't get distracted.  Loni came over in the late afternoon and we caught up on "Grim" and "Once Upon a Time."  Then the youngest came home for winter break.  YEAH!

Today Loni, the youngest, the oldest and his girlfriend and I went to Mimi's for breakfast and to downtown Dallas to the Sons of Herman Hall to see the Randy Brodnax and Friends Annual Christmas Art Show and Sale.  I have always wanted to go to this show and have never made it down there.  This year might be the last year for a dear artist friend of the family to show there because he and his wife have moved to South Carolina.  I had not seen this friend since Raymond's funeral and it was so nice to hug his neck again.  We had a nice little visit and I enjoyed seeing all the artists.  It really was a "Friends" sale since I think I probably have some piece of at least 50% of the artists displaying after so many years of art festivals.  I was able to pick up a new turtle and a Christmas gift.

After the art show we stopped at the big Half Price Books in Dallas before heading back to Mimi's to drop the oldest and his girlfriend back at his rental car. Then it was a stop at Kroger's to get milk since the youngest thought the milk dated December 5 tasted funny. (Loni refused to try it based on the face the youngest made when he took a gulp.)  

Loni left soon after we returned and the youngest and I went to run a couple of errands.  

When we returned home I had a phone call from a friend whose voice I have not heard in 30 years.  We have been chatting every night on Facebook, but this is the first time we had spoken.  He wanted to know if I was still a "big pain in the ass."  I told him I was an even bigger pain.  I am glad we had a chance to talk.  He is doing very well and is very happy with his wife and truly loves his kids and being a "pawpaw" of six grandchildren. It makes me happy to know he is happy.  He has always been a good friend to me. He has some health issues, but is hanging in there.

Tonight was the "Amazing Race" finale.  I was disappointed in the winners, but they all ran a good race.    

Just 8 more work days before I am on vacation again!

A very nice weekend indeed!

1 comment:

Loni said...

A nice weekend indeed!