Tuesday, January 17, 2012

So Handsome, Again

Tonight was the night the boys moved back to campus.  The youngest packed and was gone by 7:30.  The oldest however had not come home from being gone since Wednesday night and by 9:00 I decided he would not be home tonight.  

Around 9:30 p.m. I went to the bathroom to wash up a little and as usual I was distracted by a book and ended up sitting in at my dressing table for a while.  When I opened the door to come out I thought I heard a "Hello" but I wasn't sure since I had the bathroom heater fan running and it is loud. Of course it doesn't help that other than the light in the room I am sitting in I never turn on other lights in the house.  It wasn't until I slowly started down the hall that I realized my oldest was some where in the house. 

I yelled out "Hello" and my oldest came around the corner with a big surprise for me.  He had let his girlfriend give him a haircut.  It looked wonderful.  I was already happy last week when he had shaved his full beard down to a goatee and now this shorter layered haircut!  I was dancing around the house.  

I made him sit on the couch with me so I could stare at him for a little while.  He looked very handsome.

I just wish he had cut his hair before he had his passport picture taken.  Oh well, I'll take what I can get.

I am one happy Mama.

No comments: