Friday, January 13, 2012

Bullies

I had a very long conversation last night with one of my dearest friends.  In this conversation she told me about the anti-bullying campaign coming up in her child's school and how she is working hard to make it successful for all the children.

She then revealed to me that through this campaign she realizes that an experience she had last year was a form of bullying.  She is really scarred more than she ever knew and that she feels the need to confront her bully in order to move on.

This was an eye opening conversation to me because I went through this experience with her, and I am still experiencing the behavior.  I have put a lot of names on this situaion and I may have said the word bullying too, but I have never sat down and just thought about what that means to me long term.

Whereas I do not believe I will have long term scars from what is happening, I once again have to wonder when I will reach my breaking point.

It really was a powerful conversation, one I am sure we will be revisiting soon as she works through how she will start to heal her scars. 



No comments: