Friday, January 6, 2012

Strep Throat, etc.

I went to work feeling fine on Wednesday morning.  Played in the snow fort with some of the preschooolers, made great head way on my project, then wham, I could not get warm.  I had the space heater on 80 and was still freezing.  I finished out the day, came home and put on my pjs and robe, but still could not get warm even with the space heater right in front of me.  

We had our Wed. night pizza with Loni, and we watched some shows.  I really don't remember what we watched.  Loni left, and I continued to sit freezing on the couch. Around 11:00 P.M. I decided to take my temperature.  102.  Oh, I was sick.  OK.

After a night of chills, followed by sweats, I got up and went to work because I wanted to finish out my work week and then go home to bed.  The girls at work convinced me I had to go to the dr.   I made an appointment with Happy my favorite PA in the whole world and in I went.  

I told my symptoms to the nurse Tina and she said strep throat. She said that on their side of the office alone that day they had diagnosed six cases and I had all the classic symptoms.  Tina took a swab and then told me to wait for Happy.

Happy came in and immediately asked about my purse.  She remembered my love of green.  I explained that this was one of my winter green purses.  She then asked me where my Kindle was.  I told her I didn't have it with me.  She did her exam and then had me lay back on the table. That is when she noticed my shoes.  (No they were not green.)  She asked me where I got them, and then proceeded to straighten the tongue out on both shoes because she said she was OCD that way.  Cracked me up.  I just love Happy.  She is like going to see family.

Strep test positive.  Reactive lower airway which she wasn't too happy about.  Albuterol, Antibiotics, 24 hours in bed.  Told me to start on a new toothbrush the next morning.  Told me to keep coughing because she was worried about pneumonia.

I went and finished my work with the help of my youngest and now I am on my 24 hour rest period.  To tell you the truth I don't have enough energy to do anything but rest.

At least this year I got sick when the boys were still here and before Loni and Mina left for Hawaii.  Last year was really horrible because I was alone and just had to call on people to leave stuff outside my door.

The boys are doing a good job taking care of me.


3 comments:

Loni said...

Yah, you didn't sound quite right on Wednesday night and we watched a bunch of stuff on recordings. Hawaii 5-0, Unforgettable, and Big Bang Theory. Take care Mama! Love you!!!

Unknown said...

Sorry that I am not home to come check on you, but I am sure that the boys are taking great care of you.

Feel better, stay hydrated and rest!!

Love you!

Unknown said...

Sorry that I am not home to come check on you, but I am sure that the boys are taking great care of you.

Feel better, stay hydrated and rest!!

Love you!