Sunday, January 22, 2012

Nana Duties

I am playing Nana to my grandcat for a couple of weeks.  I started taking care of her on Wednesday, but until yesterday the only had a few clues that she was actually in residence. Clues such as missing food, more clumps in the litter box, and different toys out on the floor.  

Yesterday Hu and I went to take care of her and there she was up on her laundry room shelf looking at us.  Even after we talked to her and left the room she remained there instead of hiding behind the dryer.  I took that to mean that she now understands that when Nana walks in the house good things happen.  She is a smart cat, so I know she recognizes that when I leave she will find a splash of milk in one bowl, treats in another, and some fresh shredded stinky something or other on a plate in by her dry food.  

I think my grandcat and I have the perfect relationship.   I don't expect anything out of her and she knows I will take care of her needs.  

1 comment:

Loni said...

It is indeed a good sign that she has not run for cover. Thanks Nana!