Sunday, January 1, 2012

Someone REALLY Overstepped

A friend of the family that became that way through Raymond really overstepped today and I am furious. 

I understand that this person has been concerned for me the last couple of days, especially after a conversation we had yesterday in which I was quite upset.  I truly thought it was nice of him to check on me today to see how I was feeling.

Today after our conversation, he asked to speak to my youngest.  Now other than comments on FaceBook, my youngest does not really know this person, my oldest is the one with the connection.  I heard my youngest say I will get a pen and then he walked into the other room. The conversation was probably less than two minutes and then my youngest hung up the phone.  I really wasn't paying that much attention.  I thought it was a "Happy New Year" call.

It was just  a few seconds before my youngest was in telling me that he was not supposed to share the conversation with me, but that the family friend was concerned about me and wanted my youngest to call him back with a report of how I was doing.

Of course my youngest had no idea what the whole thing was about because I do not overly concern my children with things that they have no control over and cannot take care of in any way.  I am very careful to not worry them excessively.

I then had to explain to my youngest that this friend was just concerned because that this is a hard time of year for me with my anniversary, etc.   I also explained that it was sad for me but that nothing else was going on in my life that would cause concern.  I also told him that this person had no right to ask him to keep the conversation from me.

That conversation was not something I needed to have with my youngest.  I am sure that a lot of people think I am overreacting, but I know my children better than anyone.  My youngest felt very uncomfortable with the conversation with the friend, and told me that if the request was ever made to talk to him again to just say he wasn't home. 

I have spent most of the afternoon restraining my desire to call up and let this person know just want I think of their actions, but I need to make sure that I can do it in a way that this person will understand and not think it is just because I have been "upset."  

My Mama Bear claws are out though, and I am not afraid to use them.


No comments: