Monday, March 3, 2008

My Mother, The Master Bluffer

Tonight the phone rang it is was my cousin, whom I've never met, asking to talk to her aunt (my mom). I told her that mom may not be able to figure out who she is, but my cousin said "Oh, she''ll know me."

I gave mom the phone, told her it was "______, you know ______'s daughter, your niece." Mom took the phone and had a wonderful conversation. She was laughing and carrying on, telling _____ about how she loves living so close to my brother, and she is very happy here. She finally said goodbye and handed me back the phone while saying "I have no idea who that was but she seemed really nice."

I told mom that I loved how she could laugh and carry on with people she didn't know, but griped and complained all day to me. She just laughed at me and said "That's how it goes."

Blah

No comments: