Saturday, March 1, 2008

Neti Pot

My youngest and I just bonded by using a neti pot. We both have allergies, but his are horrible. I don't think he can breathe at any time of year, and he hates the prescriptions because they do not work that well for him. So I bought a neti pot today.

I went first and did the first nostril by myself. After I figured out I wasn't going to drown and it wasn't a horrible experience, I brought him in to watch how it is done. (I watched several videos on the internet before doing it myself ... I not only learned how to use one, but not to use whiskey.)

I was surprised when he didn't balk over trying it. I cleaned it and put in the next batch of lukewarm salt water and off he went. I think it will take several days for him to get the benefit, but since he was outside playing all day at least the allergens were washed out.

I hope we will both receive benefits. I think I can tell a difference already.

No comments: