Sunday, March 16, 2008

Now I Can Really Let It Go

There is a person that for years has been trying to “mess” with my reputation. Recent events have irritated me more than usual, and I have been trying to get over the sense of outrage that I feel because this person has it “out” for me for no real reason.

As I went over events in my head last night I came to the conclusion that I have so much more in my life than this person in the way of friendships and love, and if trying to do things to me made this person’s life more bearable then I would let that person have that in their life. After all, I know who I am, as do my real friends. Others, well they will learn in the long run whether I really behave as this person says I do, or not.

So today in church when the scripture was being read, the following words from the reading really jumped out at me. "Agree with each other, love each other, be deep-spirited friends. Don't push your way to the front; don't sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Don't be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand." "Philippians 2:1-11"

I had already decided to put myself aside, and not to obsess over getting an advantage, but this just confirms it in my mind. Now I can really let it go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear this. Your reputation is never as important as your character.

Yeah God!!

Anonymous said...

What a hoot, you've been spammed by a brasillian hawking IBM and Dell computors.

at least it was a rather benign product. Whew!

Cheryl said...

"Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand." "Philippians 2:1-11"

If it gives "Servidores" a helping hand, well more power to Mr. Brasillian computer hawker.