Saturday, March 29, 2008

Spring Flower Fever

I get sick every spring with flower fever. I am so desperate for color in my life after a bleak winter that I could live in one of the garden centers for months once the flowers start coming in.

This year I told everyone I was not going to buy any flowers. I wasn't going to spend the money. Oh, I'm going to plant my usual zinnia seeds (I can grow giant zinnias), but I was not going to buy any flats, pots, etc. In fact, I have been avoiding all the garden centers...until today.

Today I had to go to Lowe's. Yes, I could have gone through the front door, but no I was draw to the garden center. Oh, what glorious colors. It was overwhelming. I really restrained myself and only bought two potted flowering plants, a purple Clematis and a Star Lithodora.


Star Lithodora (click picture for a closer view)


I always say that I don't think I would change my life much if I won the lottery (which I don't play) because I like a simple life but if I did win millions of dollars, I would definitely spend some of the money to surround myself with flowering plants all year.

No comments: