Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Tummy Hurts

I went to a potluck tonight. I am very careful when I go to potlucks. I always ask what is in the food before eating anything. I did not try the gumbo as I do not eat some of the seafood that was included, I did not eat the green salad as there was blue cheese and I cannot eat blue cheese, I did not eat the pasta salad as it included bacon and mushrooms, I was very careful. I did eat the raw broccoli and cauliflower salad. I have had it several times in the past and it has never bothered me, but that is not the case tonight.

I noticed the last time I ate raw broccoli that it bothered me a little, but tonight is more than a little. I have had a reaction, and I am miserable.

My stomach looks like I in my ninth month of pregnancy with quintuplets and is as hard as a rock. My youngest keeps telling me it is getting bigger. I do not need him to tell me this. I really do not know how much more my skin can stretch. The skin stretching hurts almost as much as my stomach.

I have taken my medicines, but they have not started working yet. Sometimes they do not work and I just have to wait it out. If that is the case tonight, I will not be getting much sleep.

I am trying hard not to moan. In fact, I would love to lie on the floor and moan until this is over, but I do not want to scare my youngest.

Raw broccoli - another item to add to my list of things not to eat.

No comments: