Friday, April 25, 2008

Really Need to Wrap My Mind Around This

Mom's sudden changes are really throwing me for a loop.

Last night I was irritated because it was 11:30 p.m. and she was still up. Part of the irritation was that I was irritated, the other part was I am used to everyone getting to bed by 11:00 p.m. and having just a few minutes by myself.

I finally told Mom that I needed to go to bed and that is when she asked me if she was going to spend the night with me. DUH! I knew she was having trouble remembering that she lived here (she thinks she lives in Cincinnati), so I should have asked her if she needed me to help her go to her room, but instead I was sitting here thinking about how asking her that would be like pushing her to go to bed.

Everyday something else has changed or something else is lost in her mind.

I need to wrap my mind around the fact that Mom is probably not coming back to me as the Mom she used to be and get used to this new person.

The only thing that comes to mind is:

"oy"

No comments: