Sunday, April 13, 2008

What a Great Vacation

Today the youngest and I drove to Denton to see my oldest. It was a day away from all responsibility. I felt so free and happy.

I took my oldest, his girlfriend, his roommate, and my youngest to lunch, and then after dropping the roommate back at the dorm, the rest of us went to Target, Recycled Books, and Beth Marie’s (http://www.bethmaries.com).

It was a beautiful day even if it was really windy.

I feel energized and ready to face the week and whatever it may bring.

Lesson learned...you can make any day a vacation.

Caretakers must find ways to take care of themselves and that means finding whatever way you can to recharge yourself.


1 comment:

Deborah said...

I'm glad you found a way to have a mini-vacation today.

That time for yourself makes all the difference in the world!