Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sleep Disturbed

As I have mentioned before I have sleep issues. The last few nights I have actually been able to fall asleep at a really decent hour and sleep sound. Unfortunately, each of those nights I have been awakened around 4:30 a.m. by my mother moving around in her room and opening and shutting cabinets and drawers. When I go in there to see what she is doing she says “I am done sleeping.” This morning I told her she may be done sleeping, but I was not and I went back to bed, but it was an hour before I fell back to sleep and it was not the good deep sleep I had been in before she started banging around.

When I got up at 9 a.m. Mom was still sleeping. She did not get up until 10:30 a.m. for breakfast. Immediately after breakfast she went back to sleep and now it is 3:00 p.m. and she is still sleeping and when I tried to wake her she told me to go away.

This is not going to work for me. I need to stay on a sleep schedule. For me to stay on a sleep schedule, Mom needs to sleep on a schedule.

I am taking her for a check up tomorrow with her neurologist and I am hoping he has some suggestions

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure if you have seen this program, but when it ran this afternoon it reminded me of how you have described your situation.

If you have'nt seen it, I highly recommend watching it.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/caringforyourparents/

Cheryl said...

I have seen bits of pieces of this program, and I wanted to watch it yesterday, but mom was having a bad day and I didn't think she would like me watching it.