Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Girls are on My Mind

My girls, Loni and Mina, are in Austin today riding in the LiveStrong ride to raise money for cancer. Think Lance Armstrong.

I cannot get them off my mind. All through church I was thinking about them going up those hills. I was mentally behind them pushing. I was thinking about their aching muscles and mentally giving the muscles more power and warmth so they can climb.

I was thinking about the girls and praying they will return with no injuries.

(If you are thinking that I should have been paying attention to the pastor, well remember I am his assistant, and I usually know the sermon ahead of time.)

I have been very teary eyed ever since Loni sent me this picture last night:



I know Raymond is there with them. He loved riding. He really hated giving it up after his back surgery in the early 90's.

Keep safe girls. Momma C is thinking about you and praying. I am also waiting patiently for your call to tell me you are safe.

Stay strong, live strong.

No comments: