Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Slippers

Every year for Christmas Raymond bought me new slippers, usually two pair. I like a certain brand and style. I like to have two pair because I wear one only around the house, and the other pair I wear when I walk around outside.

Raymond usually took the boys with him and he reminded them that they needed to buy my slippers at Christmas. Last Christmas they decided that the ones from the year before still looked good and they did not buy my slippers.

What they did not take into account was that Christmas is in December and that I usually wear my slippers until the beginning of May.

It has turned cooler tonight and I needed my slippers. The youngest thinks I need new ones for Christmas. I think I will send the picture of my slippers from tonight to my oldest since he can drive to the store. I do not know if these will make it to Christmas.

2 comments:

Loni said...

ok, those are totally pitiful and even your other "college kid" would be willing to go find you new slippers before Christmas... but you would have to tell me the specifics since you are particular about your slippers :) Hugs, L

Cheryl said...

Pitiful??? I wouldn't call them pitiful. "Well worn," "much loved," or even "airy," but never pitiful. You hurt my slippers' feelings. I am sure there is a less "well worn" pair some where around here, since they are always bought in sets of 2.