Friday, December 24, 2010

10 Years, Who Knew?

As I have mentioned before I have had Santa's best elves working for me for a few years now.  They go out and find the hard to find gifts.  They run to stores I don't want to go to because they are in crowded areas with lots of people. They are the only reason my hair is not completely white.

The only thing I never asked an elf to do was wrap the presents, something I hate doing.  Who knew that Loni loves to wrap presents. When she told me she liked to wrap presents, I jumped at the chance to have her wrap mine this year.

She came over last night and wrapped for hours. She was actually humming and smiling while she did it.  I have presents under my tree this year without any extra paper folded over the ends. (Well, most of them...the youngest and I wrapped a couple.)  The oldest used her service for his girlfriend's presents and Loni did special things with those gifts, like wrap the ring (not engagement!) in a wrapped box, inside another wrapped box, then placed that in a box with the Lord of the Rings'  doll and wrapped that all together.

I have known this wonderful woman for 10 years and I could have had this service!!!  I will never wrap again, well, I will have to wrap Loni's gifts but then she will see how much she is needed and feel even more love from this family. 

Here is a video that Loni made of my elves.  Loni, Mina and Stan.  LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!

No comments: