Thursday, December 2, 2010

Only Good News ...

This has been a very rough semester for my youngest, and quite frankly, I am not sure he is going to have another semester. It could be he ends up getting a GED.

I talk to him every night, and almost every night he gives me more bad news. Tonight's really ticked me off and we had a small heated discussion.

I finally told him I was sick of bad news and he had to tell me one good thing. He couldn't think of anything so I said "Well, did you crap today?" To which he replied, "Yes mother, I took a dump. I took a dump today, I took one yesterday. I take one every day." I said "Well, at least you are not constipated on top of everything else."

So that is the good news of the day. My youngest is not constipated. So the problem is not that he is full of s$%*.

Which reminds me of a prescription Raymond used to carry around with him all the time in his billfold. 

After Raymond had his sacrectomy many nerves were severed and there was a lot of rehabilitation involved.  Our regular surgeon had left town right after the surgery and we were in the care of another surgeon during the recovery process.  He placed us on a rehab floor that we had never been on before, and that I would not recommend.  It was pure hell for us.  Raymond did not receive the proper care for his type of surgery and ended up with a serious infection that required a surgery every day for five days.  After all the surgeries, Raymond became very ill, and no one could figure out why.  After several days of exams by many doctors, I went through the hospital searching for our favorite PA.  When I found her I explained what had happened, and asked for her help.  She said she knew exactly what was wrong and immediately wrote a prescription and told me she would be in touch with the doctor, but to take the prescription directly to Raymond because it would help him.  The prescription said:

"Full of shit."

She was right, it cheered Raymond up because he laughed so hard.  She did call his doctor which started a process of x-rays that proved she was right, and when surgery was mentioned I called her again, and she prescribed a rigorous treatment that kept us from any more surgeries, and solved the problem.  I will always be grateful for her brilliance and caring.  Thank you Sue.  

3 comments:

Deborah said...

That was the laugh I needed to start today.

Loni said...

Hang in there Mama!

Deborah said...

the Rx I meant...