Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010 in Pictures


Jill gave Mina, Loni and me Lenox snowflakes this year.

My nephew Wolfgang lived with us when he was in fifth grade.  He made this ornament this year, and I have placed it in the same spot on the tree each year since.  That is a real ice cream cone, so it has to be wrapped very carefully each year. 
I am to short to get a good picture of the soldier that my oldest made when he was in second or third grade but I remember how excited he was when he gave it to me.  I told him it would always have a special place on the tree and he asked me if "We could keep if for all the days?"  You can always find it at the top near the star.
Mina gave me a gift in this box, and I truly loved the gift, but I am really enjoying the box as an ornament.  It is so pretty!
I found this laying on a shelf in the other room on Monday.  It had money with it.  No one knows where it came from.  We have had so many people in and out of here, there is no telling.  I gave the money to the youngest and put the ornament on the tree.  I think it is really pretty and it goes with me. 
I finally went to see Kyle dance in the Nutcracker this year.  He was the Nutcracker and a Russian.  Of course I had to buy a nutcracker in the lobby.  Kyle was fabulous as I knew he would be, what a talented guy. Oh, excuse me.  Man.  He turned 21 Christmas Eve.

 Gift from Mina and Loni from Hawaii.
I love turtle ornaments!


 Harvey. Isn't he cute.  Some people think he is creepy because he is always watching them.
I think he is the best guard rabbit around.

 My newest sweater ornament from Loni.  (2010)
Seed stitch.  My favorite!

 Another picture of it because I love it so much!

 My cable sweater from Loni. Cable pattern, 2 years ago? 
Maybe 3?  It hangs out in my bedroom when it is not Christmas.

Loni also found the perfect ornaments for me this year.
Lucy in green with a cup saying "Give." Since I keep telling everyone I am going to start charging them to visit Mama to help pay for the oasis.  Also Lucy giving psychiatric help (the ornament talks!), representing how perfect strangers ask me for advise.  I love them!



Youngest, When Did He Get so Tall?
I Believe You Can Never Have Enough Ornaments or Lights!

The Boys Show Off Naked Santa

I Love My Tree!

Naked Santa - A Tradition Now

Oldest Puts Together Mom's Design Wall

Youngest is Quite Happy With His Gifts

Tree at Night

Still Love My Tree

To my knowledge, this Nativity set is older than I am.

My Mom made this Nativity for the Oldest when he was little.

This was my Mom's Nativity in her apartment.

1 comment:

Loni said...

Need a picture of Knit Girl too