Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas from My Family

It has been a good holiday season because I have been surrounded by family, friends, and there has been a lot of laughter in my house.

Sunday night we had our second annual extended family Christmas dinner and gift exchange. Mina, Stan, Jill, Joe, Loni, Alle, the oldest, youngest, and Rudi (as the Ghost) were there. 

The menu this year was tortilla soup and make your own tacos.  I didn't hear any complaints so YEAH!

The oldest played Santa and we took turns opening gifts until it was all over. There were lots of gifts to go around and all of them very nice and meaningful.  

Mina gifted Loni a nice knitting bag that looks more like a fine handbag, plus lots of goodies to go with it.  She also presented Loni with a quilt. It was the first quilt for Mina.  It was an easy project and I think she enjoyed herself.  Loni received a quilt top from Jill.  Loni knows my quilt to her is sandwiched and ready to quilt.

Mina received a nice quilt made by Jill, quilted with hearts.  Mina received a quilt top from me, but it is now sandwiched and ready to go. 

The boys got lots of green and Loni made sure the youngest received Magic cards, and the oldest got the latest version of Scrabble.  

The men received manly gifts to match their hobbies. Joe received grilling items to go with his new grill.  Stan will be going to GameStop very soon and will know the temperature of the room he is gaming in. 

Jill will be all relaxed with her massage gift cards.  

Alle received lots of "squishies," and gift cards to spend.  

I will be reading, quilting, and enjoying some very nice bird items.  I don't think I will be packing my new ornaments away this year. Loni's selections were too perfect to store away, especially my new little sweater ornament.

While the gifts were all very, very nice, nothing tops having us all together (well except the ghost).  My heart just soars when the house is full of so much love.

1 comment:

Loni said...

It was a great celebration and hopefully The Ghost will make it to a family gathering at some point. He was surprised by his gifts. Love ya!