Monday, December 6, 2010

It Doesn't Matter How Old You Are - You Can Still Get Growing Pains

There have been a lot of growing pains in my family lately. 

The youngest is having growing pains from realizing that it really doesn't matter how intelligent you are, there is always going to be something that will challenge and cause you to struggle.

The oldest is discovering the growing pains of being in a relationship, going to school full time, and still working an average of 20 hours a week.  

I am dealing with the growing pains of having a job I love, but may not be in my best interest in the long run.  

I have also noticed growth spurts among my friends.  Ever since this summer one of them has come into her own more.  I noticed it right away.  It was like she had a switch turned on and I can tell she is really enjoying her new self.  Unfortunately, not every one has caught to the new her, and sometimes there is tension in the air.  

I don't think I know this person better than others and that is why I noticed.  It is just I like to people watch and mother the people around me, so I tend to pick up on a change in attitude, confidence, swagger, etc.

I think that one of the great wonders of life is our ability to continue to grow and bring about change in ourselves. Unfortunately, I don't have enough confidence in myself to bring about as many changes as I would like, but I hope to learn from my friend.  

Maybe that should be a goal for 2011.  Learn to embrace my growth spurts, and even create a few.  It's something to think about.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need to stop talking about me in your blogs! LOL!

Catmom5