Sunday, December 5, 2010

Reminder

I changed the blog design to remind me of the little color I had on the trees until the big wind came and put most of them in the pool.

I miss the true fall colors of the mountains during Oct. and Nov.  Although all my KY people are talking about the snow right now and posting pictures of their lawns and driveways covered in white.  I do not miss weeks and weeks of snow, or being stranded out at the lake.  

We have never been stuck here more than a couple of days due to ice.  I remember not being able to get any where for two weeks in KY because we never had four wheel drive. Our driveway was a pretty steep hill, and then once up on the road it didn't matter which direction you turned, there were steep hills to get to the main part of the subdivision.  My parents loved it when I met Raymond and he could come and get me out and take me to the store.

I still laugh at the fall my friends came down from Ohio in Gordon's monster truck.  The trees had turned and it was beautiful, but then we had an ice storm that melted quickly on the roads, but the rock cliffs still had giant icicles and we went down to Cumberland Falls to see the colors and the ice together.  Our driveway already had three cars that had to get in and out for work and school, so Gordon had been parking the monster over on extra land next to us and when he wanted to leave he would just drive up the embankment to the road and take off up the hill.  My mom thought that was terrific.  

One day while my friends and I were out in the truck, my mom decided that because the driveway was blocked by someone else visiting she would try to get out on the road like Gordon.  Mom didn't have a monster truck, she had a Ford Torino.  Let's just say that it was a good think Gordon was there later to pull her out with his truck, after he got done rolling on the floor laughing.  Poor mom was so bewildered as to why she hadn't made it to the road. 

No comments: