Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas Everyone!

I am sitting here listening to the quiet.

The painter was here until 8:00 P.M. last night. I thought he would never leave. John left at 4 so at least the air compressor wasn't going all evening.

Lovely gift exchange with the boys last night. Perfect new GREEN slippers. A design wall and online quilting course for my gifts. I sat and watched some of the course last night while working on some blocks for a new quilt. 

Santa was able to sleep in this morning since the boys were up so late last night they are still in bed.  Santa was even nice enough to start some laundry this morning since a boy confessed last night that he had no clean underwear for today and would have to do laundry last night and then forgot. (Youngest not oldest.  Oldest has no clean socks but I had some hidden in my room since I hate I waiting while they try to find some when we go out.)
Today will be full of games, quilting, and movies.  Christmas dinner is meatloaf by request of oldest.  He promised to make bread.  We shall see.  

Tomorrow will be filled with the extended family.  We will have our second annual family Christmas dinner and gift exchange.  I hope the girls like what I got them.  I love what the present they gave Jill and me.  An extra large quilting ironing surface that goes over a 2x4 table.  I really need that for these big quilts.  It was delivered here early so it would come to a pet free house and not bring in pet hair I am allergic to and make me sneeze.  

Looking forward to the New Year.  I feel very optimistic right now. 

Special message to SerenDippity.  Thanks for reading and commenting. May you have a very blessed New Year. 

No comments: