Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Advent Birthday

It has become a joke about how long I celebrate my birthday each year and how it keeps getting longer. 

The reason the whole lengthening of my celebrations started in the first place was that so many people wanted time with me I could not fit it all in at once, so the lunches became extended over several weeks.  
Recently the discussion came up about how many weeks would I celebrate this year and I told the girls, meaning Jill, Loni, and Mina, that I wanted an advent birthday, with a gift to open each day of April leading up to my birthday.  Joking and not really expecting anything to come of it.  

Well, Loni showed up the other night with a green (my favorite color) bag full of 30 gifts.  I get to open one each day, at any time of the day I choose. It is the greatest thing! 

The first day she suggested a gift for me to open as she thought I would need it first.  It was a box of Thank You cards, which I do need to thank everyone for all they have done for me during my recovery.

The next day I opened Post-Its that say "I'm a Fabric Fanatic..."

Yesterday I opened a package to find a beautiful piece of fabric.  

I have to admit my grief has overshadowed the opening of the gifts, in fact I am not even given much thought to my birthday, but I am starting to get into them now.  

Thank you Loni.  You are such a good daughter and friend. 


1 comment:

Loni said...

Happy to give you a little birthday joy each day; especially since this time of year is more than a bit tough on you. Hugs & Love, Loni