Saturday, March 5, 2011

That Was Different

Jill, Loni and I went out tonight.  First we ran a couple of errands, and then we had dinner at La Hacienda Ranch.  I haven't been there in a couple of years, but I remembered I liked it so I suggested it when we were in that part of Dallas. 

The food and company was excellent.  What was different was that there was a man at the table next to us that I found extremely attractive. 

I don't mean attractive in the general "he's a hunk" and everyone is staring at him.  I mean he was someone that looked about my age, seemed pleasant in his behavior, and I found him attractive.  Yes, he had a little comb over going on, but not too bad.  There was just something about him that made me want to look at him.  A lot!

I still can't quite figure it out.  He was blonde, which is my least favorite hair color.  I think I have only dated four blondes in my entire life.  I usually like my man to have dark hair.  His five o'clock shadow was darkish, so maybe that is why the blonde hair wasn't bothering me.  

There was just something about that way he was talking to the two men he was with, and the way he seemed to really pay attention to what they were saying that made me think he might be kind.  

I thought about it a lot tonight.  Trying to figure out if maybe he had Raymond's mannerisms or something that would have drawn me to him, but I don't think that was the attraction.  I think he just looked like he might be nice. 

I probably wasn't very good company at dinner because I was spending so much time looking at the guy, but the chances of ever seeing him again are nil, so I don't think the girls are going to beat me up over it.  

1 comment:

Loni said...

Good for you; didn't bother me any; I couldn't see the dude as my view was blocked by one of the other guys at the table. Besides, I was too busy savoring my dinner.