Saturday, February 11, 2012

Very Unnerving, Yet Wonderful

My youngest does not have a lot of memories of Raymond.  He doesn't really remember Raymond being able to walk, or healthy.  

Most of the time the youngest has always seemed to be my duplicate.  Raymond and I always agreed it was nice he got a child (the oldest) and I got a child (the youngest).

It is true the youngest is a lot like me, but lately I have noticed that he has developed some of his dad's mannerisms.  In fact today he did a thing with his head that almost made me fall off the couch it was so Raymond like.  I am used to seeing these things in the oldest, but never like this in the youngest. Today's little display was very unnerving.

These mannerisms are just beginning to show up here and there and each time I have to smile.  I told the youngest about it and we had a discussion over whether it was a DNA thing or just suppressed memories showing up.   I told him that I didn't really care where these mannerisms were coming from, it was a pleasure to see his dad in him and it was a good thing because his dad was so wonderful.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Honestly, I think it might be a combination of both. I was 11 when mama died, but Aunt Tootie constantly tells me that I say or do things that are impossible for me to know since I was so young when she passed.

It brings back happy memories for Aunt Tootie every time I do something that mama would have done. I'm glad that you are seeing Raymond in both of your children.