Sunday, February 5, 2012

Weekend full of Love and Laughter

I had a weekend full of love and laughter.  

Friday night - I went to the RED exhibit at TheGallery8680.  There were some great pieces there and I met a couple of interesting artists.  My friend Kathleen had a ceramic piece on display.  I was able to catch up with some people I haven't seen in six years and I enjoyed myself.  We had some laughs talking about some of the different things going on around us and the past.

Saturday - I picked up around the house, did a little laundry, worked on a quilt, and then had dinner with J, G, and L.  We had a great time talking and laughing, but we went away from our usual restaurant and it was a disaster. I think the only thing that didn't happen was for the waiter to drop a plate of food on one of us. It was bad enough that two meals were comped.  After dinner Loni went with me while I ran an errand and then I took her home before coming back to the house. When I arrived home my youngest was here, so it was a very good night. He and I watched True Grit, the Coen Brothers version.  I saw it in the theater with the oldest, but the youngest wasn't available.  It is one of those movies that I think he needed to have on his list.

Today, Sunday - It was family breakfast with L and the youngest with pancakes from scratch, and then L and I watched an episode of 24 Hr. Catwalk before she went home.  I had a fun conversation with my brother.  I finished quilting the second charity quilt I was working on for Project Linus. For dinner I made buttermilk biscuits from my mom's recipe and scrambled some eggs. 

Looking forward to a good week.


No comments: