Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Answer is NOT "1"

I have had the best weekend with my youngest.  

He has three tests this coming week and is really stressed out so I have started the weekend off by having some of his favorite things in the house:
  • I baked him a pumpkin pie
  • There was cheese danish for Saturday's breakfast
  • Spaghetti with Loni for Saturday's dinner
  • Snickers minis in the candy bowl
  • IBC Cream Soda in the fridge
I did not have any chores for him other than to purchase, download and burn an album for me. 

Yesterday he sat in the living room with me and worked on his Differential Equations test review while I worked on taxes.   He finished one problem and was worried he had the wrong answer.  I told him that the answer was obviously "1" and he immediately showed me what a real answer is in "DiffEQ."  It reminded me immediately of why I don't like math.  Bless that child, and pray he does well on the test. 

We took a break in the afternoon to watch "Doc Martin" and then later in the evening when he had enough studying, we watched several more episodes while he had more pie before bed.  It was so nice to sit on the couch together laughing at something we were both enjoying so much.  

I am letting him sleep in as late as he wants today because I know he won't get much sleep this week as in addition to three tests he has a paper and something else due, maybe a lab.  

Two weeks until Spring Break!


1 comment:

Loni said...

I am on the list of favorites.. :) It's even better than being an Oprah's favorite, LOL!