Thursday, February 23, 2012

Petri Dish

I spent a good portion of the morning in our preschool aka "The Petri Dish."  

I had to be an extra body in the 2 year old class because we had a teacher out.  Two adults are needed during diaper change time, which seems to be all the time.  

I really don't mind.  I love our students.  I got down on the floor with them and several crawled into my lap and we read the books they kept bringing over.  I actually had a great time except for a couple of little issues.  

One of the issues was one of the little girls sneezing right into my face.  A very wet, snotty sneeze from about 8 inches away.  

At one time I had three kids in my lap.  One in the middle and one on each knee.  We were having a grand time, but I was keeping my eye on the one on my left knee.  She is almost potty trained, and her Mom wants her only in big girl pants.  I was worried that she was having so much fun she wouldn't say she had to go.  I had her stand up just as she had to go.  Whew!  I was not in the mood to come home to change clothes. 

We played tag on the playground.  It was going okay until one of the little ones ducked between me and another child.  In order to not fall on that child, I leapt over her, and managed to keep myself upright on the fence, but two kids went down.  No injuries, and I am thrilled I did not crush a child to death.  

All in all I had a great time, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that the face full of snot won't send me back to doctor's office.  I love Happy, but I really don't want to see her until my physical.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It sounds like you had a great time out with the kids, with the exception of the face full of snot (ewww!)

Very happy to hear that you got the one child off of you before she had to potty.

Everyone loves Mama C!