Sunday, March 22, 2009

Back, Nice to Get Away, But Home is Better


The boys and I spent their Spring Break on Lake Hamilton in Arkansas. We rented a house, http://www.vrbo.com/144785#inquireForm, and spent the week hiking, fishing, sight-seeing, and relaxing.

The house was really nice, and on a deep water cove of the Lake. Fishing was lousy from the dock and when I asked around they said it was because they had just raised the lake 9 feet. There was stuff floating all over the lake. We fished on day, and then I just let it go until the last day. Just as it was getting so dark you couldn't see the end of your pole I caught a small striped bass. That was all it took to make it a good vacation. I would have preferred better fishing, but we were able to stay busy with other activities.

We arrived there late on Saturday, March 14th, and spent the evening getting groceries and settling in. The house is located pretty far out from town and we just went locally to get the groceries because we were tired. I must say that after the looks we received at the store I was pretty sure I heard dueling banjos in the parking lot. One older, but not elderly, woman was really giving my oldest the evil eye. I told him to get used to it in that area because from the looks of the people we were shopping with long haired teenagers with dice pendants around their neck were not something they were used to seeing in their stores. Let's just say we were really happy the next day when we drove into Hot Springs and found the Krogers. He fit in a little better in Hot Springs.

The house was very nice. I would have preferred to have been a little closer to Hot Springs, but it was quiet where we were and I enjoyed having so many conveniences in the home. There were four televisions, one in each living area and one in each bedroom, so we never had to compromise on what to watch. The kitchen was well stocked with pots, pans, dishes, etc. There were 1.5 baths so that was convenient over a hotel room.

The beds were very comfortable so the sleeping conditions were perfect. I really felt rested in the mornings.

So all in all a very nice trip. I will be posting more about our day to day activities with pictures when I get a little more settled back into my routine. It was nice to get away, but it is sure nice to be back home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Missed you, mama C. Very glad that you and the boys enjoyed your time at the lake.

So nice to have you back home!