Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break, Hot Springs, Arkansas, Final Thoughts

View Across the Cove


We all enjoyed our Spring Break in the Hot Springs, Arkansas area. We also all agreed that we were pretty much done with that area. We have seen all tourist things, and hiked some good hikes, but we feel as if we have done all in that area that we would enjoy doing.

The house we stayed in was really nice. I would recommend it to anyone that wanted to rent a nice house for a vacation, especially if you have a boat. (The above picture was taken from the back deck and is a picture of the other side of the cove from the house.) The owners of this home have done everything they can to make their guests comfortable and it is a very clean environment.

I would not mind going back and seeing Garvan Woodland Gardens at its peak if I was in that area. I also think I would enjoy staying on Lake Ouachita in warmer weather when we could go kayaking or spend more time on the water. March just does not lend itself to a lot of lake time when you don't own a boat, and don't want to rent one.

All in all it was a very relaxing trip. I was able to finish four blocks on my turtle quilt, and I finished 450 of the 752 pages of Wally Lambs "The Hour I First Believed."

The boys had a good time, there were a few rough moments on the second day, but we got through them without major physical injuries.

I don't know how many more family trips we will take, but I am thankful we had this one, and I am thankful that I was able to get away and clear my head for a while.

No comments: