Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'm Probably Too Far Gone


Every once in a while I think it is time to consider dating. I'm not saying I would date, I am saying I am thinking it is time to consider dating. Lately I have been thinking about considering it a lot more than usual. Wondering how I would meet a man. (L&M have already told me they can't help in that department.) Wondering if I have the nerve to try an internet dating site, because I can't imagine going and trying to find a man personally, just various wonderings on the subject.

After this Spring Break vacation, I have just about decided I am too far gone to date again. Too far gone as in set in my ways. Just traveling for six hours in the car with two males about did me in. I forgot what it is like to have to listen to another human being in closed quarters.

My boys both suffer from horrible allergies and WILL NOT take their medications. So all the way to Arkansas there was nose blowing, sniffling, and general nostril sounds that really started to get on my nerves. It was at that time I started thinking about spending quality time with another human being again.

If the allergy noises were not bad enough, at one point my oldest started breathing really hard. At first it was just once in a while, then it just got to be a constant panting that was making my brain hurt. It really sounded as if he was hyperventilating. I finally asked him what he was doing, and of course he was clueless. My youngest piped up and said "Yeah man, you are breathing weird." It was then my oldest admitted that the seat belt was constricting him because of the way he was sitting. I pretty much screamed for him to fix it, and life got better, but really I was about to lose it with the sounds.

After that instance I still had three hours of driving so I decided to take an mental inventory of all the ways I am set in my ways. (It truly is amazing that I have any friends.) I have decided that I am probably too extremely eccentric and egocentric to be able to find another mate.

Raymond and I were together a long time, and he married me knowing I was odd, and I think he just adapted as I got odder and odder. Now I am probably too odd for anyone.

I also took an inventory of things that annoy me when they are done by other people, and I realize that it would probably be impossible to find anyone that did none of those things. Or worse yet, I were to marry someone only to find out they did some of what I consider to be the worse offenses.

I have an in-law that constantly clears their throat and then spits in my kitchen sink. It makes me want to hurt them. I cannot stand it. It does not matter how many times I ask them not to do it, they do. If I were to date someone and then marry them only to find out that they spit in the kitchen sink ... well, Raymond wouldn't be the only one whose last resting place was the back field.

After this trip, and taking my inventory, I think I'm probably too far gone to date again. I think I would be willing to try dating, I just think it would be pretty darn impossible for anyone to put up with me, or me them.

No comments: