Sunday, March 29, 2009

"Handy Switch"


Sis gave me a table/lamp combo a year or two ago and I love it. It is perfect for my bedside because it has two levels. On the top level I keep my alarm clock, coaster, Kleenex, etc. Underneath I have my reading books, magazines, puzzles, and other material that helps me sleep. It is the best bedside table/lamp I have ever had when it comes to fitting my needs.

There is one downside to this table/lamp combo, the location of the on/off switch for the lamp. It is very awkward to reach, especially once in the bed. Often the movement of trying to reach the switch wakes me up enough that I end up reading even more and it becomes a vicious cycle. A lot of times I don't even bother turning the light off, but then I sometimes wake up confused as to whether or not it is daylight or the lamp lighting up the room.

Today I went out and purchased the "Handy Switch." The youngest installed it for me tonight and I am so excited. He put the switch above my pillow where all I have to do is reach up above where I like to read and flick the switch. No more twisting around and almost having to get out of bed to turn the light off.

The only downside is that there is a nightlight on the plug in part of the device. I don't like nightlights in my room. The oldest said he would put tape over it the nightlight and we probably will have to do that, but for now I am leaving it to make sure I don't need to return the "Handy Switch."

No comments: