Sunday, March 22, 2009

No Goodies This Time


We went shopping two different days on our vacation. I was specifically looking for gifts for my Sis, BFF, L and M. The boys even got involved in looking for something they would like, and we made a couple of special stops on the way home to places we thought would have something for Sis since she was looking after the turtles.

I came home with zilch.

Here is the thing. Sis is in the process of simplifying her life. She has cleaned out her house of fluff and is very happy with what she had done. Like me her next move will be to downsize, so she doesn't need stuff. I was looking specifically for something to put in her flower beds, but everything was so "tourist" looking we gave up and I decided lunch in the near future would do.

BFF is in the process of cleaning out her knick knacks so she doesn't need any more of those, and the one thing I thought about getting her for her garden was just not "it."

The closest I came to finding something for L was at the Half Price bookstore in McKinney. She probably already has it. And I saw nothing that said "M" to me.

So I came home with no goodies. I was disappointed, but feel like it was a good decision.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for thinking of us during your vacation - having you home safe and sound is gift enough.

Hugs,

Loni said...

Yeah, I'm just happy that you had a good spring break with the boys and that you all came home safe.